Sandy Park has been deemed safe for residents to return on Friday, June 7. The Housing Authority of the City of Tulsa (THA) will begin transporting residents to Sandy Park the morning of Friday, June 7. RESIDENTS MAY NOT ENTER ANY UNITS BEFORE THIS DATE FOR SAFETY PURPOSES.
Instructions for residents to return to Sandy Park:
- Residents staying at the Crosstown shelter and those who registered with THA and OHFA to stay in hotels will be transported to Sandy Park by Tulsa Transit.
- Residents staying at Crosstown shelter will be transported to Sandy Park beginning at 8 a.m. Friday, June 7.
- Residents staying at Americas Best Value Inn must meet in the Americas Best Value Inn lobby at 9 a.m. on Friday, June 7 to be transported to Sandy Park.
- Residents staying at Extended Stay hotel must meet in the Extended Stay hotel lobby at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 7 to be transported to Sandy Park.
- Residents staying with friends and family and who have a means of transportation to return to Sandy Park may return to the community beginning at noon on Friday, June 7.
- Residents staying with friends and family who do not have a means of transportation to return to Sandy Park may plan to return to the community beginning at noon on Friday, June 7. Residents requiring transportation may call (918) 241-4693 on Friday, June 7 to request transportation to Sandy Park.
Upon arrival at the property, ALL residents MUST check in at the Sandy Park Resource Center BEFORE returning to their unit. During this check-in process property management will take note of all returning residents and identify resources available to residents who need assistance. Residents will be asked to sign a form indicating they have returned to their unit and confirming their primary contact information.
- Throughout the process of returning to their homes, residents will have access to the Sandy Park Resource Center and site staff during regular and extended office hours. Additional case managers will also be made available to support residents through this transition.
- You MUST use the 61st St. entrance to the property for safety purposes.
- Please avoid any areas that are fenced off and heed any directional signage to ensure your safety; please ensure that children also avoid any areas that are fenced off.
NOTE: Residents of Sandy Park will NOT need to pay rent for the month of June and will receive an account credit for the days they were evacuated off-site in May.
If you don’t return to your unit on Friday and you remain in a hotel after Friday, June 7, you will be responsible for the cost of that hotel stay moving forward.
Residents may call (918) 241-4693 or (918) 581-5744 with any questions or concerns about this process and their return to the community.
We know this has been a challenging time. We want to support our residents as best we can in partnership with local nonprofit groups and agencies to best meet your needs.