The Tulsa Authority (THA) Public Housing wait lists are open for all THA public housing sites.
The Public Housing (PH) program provides rental assistance to qualified low-income families and is a federally funded program overseen by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Interested applicants may apply through this site. This is a very quick and easy process! Waiting list information is secure and accessed only by authorized THA staff. Please follow the instructions below for applying to be on the THA’s PH waiting list. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or need other help, you may contact THA for assistance.
Applying for Public Housing through THA is always free. This site is available during the period the wait list is open. You may apply for a waiting list through any computer with Internet access. You may apply with a smart phone; however, it is recommended that you apply using equipment with a secure internet access.
Notice to Applicants
- This online web pre-application is a service provided by the Tulsa Housing Authority.
- Internet access is required to submit a pre-application.
- Pre-applications must be submitted at www.tulsahousing.org.
- The online pre-application may be subject to data transmission errors that may make the application incomplete. THA is not responsible for these errors.
- Each household may only apply once to any site. You may apply to multiple sites by completing a separate application for that site.
- By using this online web application, you agree to the general conditions below:
- An online web pre-application is not an offer of housing.
- All online web pre-applications are subject to THA’s review and approval.
- Pre-applications can be received online anytime during the wait list open period.
- Once you have submitted a pre-application, it is your responsibility to inform THA of any changes of address, income, or household composition. You can update your information at www.tulsahousing.org.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail to acknowledge successful transmission of the pre-application.
- THA will determine family bedroom size based on its occupancy standards.
PH Application Process
Before you begin the pre-application, please have the following information available:
- Full name
- Social Security Number/Cards
- Dates of Birth/Certificates
- Household Income
- Citizenship Status
- Pen and Paper
- Read the preliminary application carefully and complete it fully.
- Do not enter the head of household’s name in the household member name section. Each name should only be entered once.
- You must enter a valid social security number and date of birth in the format of mm/dd/yyyy.
- After you have successfully applied, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please do not call THA to check your status. You may check the status of your application at www.waitlistcheck.com.
- You will receive a letter from THA when you reach the top of a waiting list and we are ready to schedule your eligibility review. It may take a few weeks, a few months or possibly a few years depending on availability of units.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by THA.
- The head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of admission or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Oklahoma state law.
- Family annual income must not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family will be subjected to a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to THA or any other housing authority will not be admitted to the program until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
- All applicants must attend the domestic violence class that is provided at our Main Office, 415 E. Independence. This class is provided every Monday at 1:00pm, except for holidays and closings due to inclement weather. This class is part of the approval process and you must be present and signed in by 1:00pm.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list for the PH program, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list, or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned from the post office, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
If you have a change of address, you must notify THA within 10 business days of the change.
If you are a person with disabilities and require a reasonable accommodation, or have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from applying online, please call the property and a staff person will complete your application over the phone.
THA does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.